Monday, October 17, 2011

The Worth of a Man

It is not what he has, nor even what he does, which directly expresses the worth of a man, but what he is.
Henry Frederic Amiel

He is a child of God.  He is my son.  I am honored to be his mother.  He is in his final days at home before leaving for USAF Basic Training.  He sings in the church choir.  He is an Eagle Scout.  He is 19 years old.  He is the next generation.   He is loving.  He is my only son.  He is honorable.  And the list goes on.
He is John......

The creative juices are flowing this morning.  This message is where my heart is at the moment.  Where is your heart right now?  On what are you focused?  Are your thoughts focused on something worthy or something useless?  I'm sure you remember the old commercial "The mind is a terrible thing to waste."  Don't waste one precious minute of your life on useless nonsense thinking.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.  Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment