Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heart and Soul - Deuteronomy 6:5-7

(5) Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  (6) These commandments that I give to you today are to be upon your hearts.  (7) Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

The commandments referred to are The Ten Commandments found in Deuteronomy Chapter five.  If you don't remember them all, refresh your memory.  Did you know that when Moses spoke he stuttered?  He didn't understand why he was chosen by God.   Moses accomplished God's purpose for his life in spite of the fact that he stuttered.

In spite of your perceived inadequacies, God can and will fulfill his purpose for your life when you allow him that influence over your life.  I'm a prime example.  I sat here and thought long and hard about sending Nan's Calendar by email two years ago.  Yes, the negative "what ifs" went through my mind.  I also knew in my heart and soul this is the way God wanted me to go.  Right now, I could be in bed asleep, but God woke me up and led me to the computer and is giving me the words to speak to you today.

You read the last line of the passage, right?  'Talk about them, ...... and when you get up.'  My day begins on a positive note every day.  Should you choose to read these messages of faith, hope and love early in the morning, your day will begin on a positive note.  It sets the tone for the whole day.  When you read these messages at the close of the day, you will lie down and sleep in contented peace.  I only speak of what I know.  I know that I know that I know.

Take care and enjoy the gift of this day and use it to God's glory.  Your efforts will be noticed by the Lord and blessings will be yours, more and greater than you can imagine.

Blessings to you,
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment