Friday, October 23, 2009

Proper Acknowledgement - Matthew 10:32-33

(32) "Whoever acknowledges me before men,  I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.  (33) But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."

Jesus went on to say (37) "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; (38) and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  (39) Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Jesus was speaking to his disciples in these scriptures.  We, as Christians, are his disciples.  There is much to learn from reading the book of Matthew.  I praise Jesus every day because I live and breathe.  Though I know my place is to serve him, I have a close personal relationship with him.  Without him, I would not exist nor would my children.  Because of his love, I have my beloved Allen, Ashley and John.  I have my family and friends.  I am thankful for their love and support.  Before they loved me, Jesus loved me.  As much as I love them, I love Jesus more.  It's just that simple.  I am his and he is mine.  I'm so thankful for this truth that I want everyone to know and understand it for themselves.  There is so much more to life than we are experiencing if we only go to Jesus and acknowledge him and his importance in our lives.  He is the way and the truth and the life.  So let it be.

Have a wonderful day and tell someone about Jesus.  It could be the first time they hear of Jesus and his love.

In Christian love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment