Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You, Lord - 1 Chronicles 16:34

Quote of the Day
Thank you for your promise that you will shine your glorious light upon me.  As I focus on you, O Lord, I know you are leading me forward.  Thank you for your goodness shining through me, your shield before me, your glory a protection around me.  Thank you for guiding me with your wisdom and counsel, now and in all my years to come.  Someday, by your grace, I will get to praise you forever in Heaven. 
I'm ready to let you change my fear to faith.  I place my hand in yours and look forward with great expectation to the future you have prepared for me.
taken from the book entitled When I'm On My Knees by Anita Corrine Donihue

(34) Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Few things in this life are more important than having a thankful heart.  When we accept our reality and realize that as bad as we may think life is at this moment, and are thankful that it isn't worse, we truly begin to understand life from a more godly perspective.  It really comes down to a matter of perception.  If I perceive my circumstances to be hopeless, then they surely will be hopeless.  If I perceive them to be temporary, then they will surely pass. 
Before you lay down your head on your pillow tonight, make sure to thank God for all you have and for all you don't have that he doesn't want you to have right now.  Be content with what you have, because God has said that what he provides for us will be sufficient.  Even though we don't know what tomorrow will bring, we can trust God that our needs will be met and whatever we have will be enough.
I'm thankful for so many people in my life who care about me, but most of all, I'm thankful for the God who created me and loves me.  I'm thankful for your presence in my life.  Yes, it's true.  Many who read these messages of faith, hope and love have never met me in person, and some of you think you know very little about me, but you can all consider me a friend.  God knows you and led you to Nan's Calendar to give you hope.  In my humble way, I share what I have learned and do my best to give thanks and honor and praise to God for without him I am nothing. 
We all have something for which to be thankful.  Give thanks with a grateful heart.  We don't have to wait another year to have a day of thanksgiving.  In my life, every day is a day of thanksgiving and every day is a reason to celebrate Christmas in my heart.  Thank you, Lord.
Love, Nan


No comments:

Post a Comment