Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Breath of God

If you want to make a difference, you have to be different.
Reverand Billy Graham

The last time I wrote to you was July 2nd.  I haven't been idle since then.  I have been in deep contemplation.  I was profoundly touched by the comment sent to me in response to the message of July 2nd.  You will read the comment below.  Thank you so much, Anonymous, for taking time to share your honest thoughts and feelings.  I appreciate it more than you know.
I believe that Anonymous, in fact, does truly love God.  This is evident to me in the statement itself.  I have read this comment over and over again.   It reminds me of how I interpret a particular verse in the Bible as I read it over and over again.  I find it new and more meaningful each time I read it.  Glory bumps spring to attention on my arms and my heart is filled. 
You may ask, "what does all this have to do with today's title?"  The Breath of God is as real as God Himself.  We must be still and quiet as we anticipate the presence and nearness of God.  We can't see love, but we believe in it.  We can't see the wind, but we know the feel of it on our skin.  We can't see God, but we know He exists.  We can't comprehend the depth of God's love for us or the depth of our love for God, but we know He loves us and we know that we love Him.  We must relinquish the so called demands of daily life and surrender our lives to our Creator and His will.  It is when we surrender that we have the victory.  We hear so much about "don't quit; never give up", but we tend to forget the most important thing of all is to surrender everything to Him.  We are to surrender every fiber of our being to God in order to be used for His purposes; His righteous purposes.  Yes, it may be necessary to surrender numerous times each day.  We are strengthened when we allow God control of every aspect of our lives.  When we truly step beyond self and the ego, our Spirit rises and connects with God on that awesome spiritual plane.
Sometimes, we hold back, thinking, " I can surrender everything but my finances.  I won't have enough money if I......."   You get the picture, right. Truly, the heart of worship is surrender.


I have specific prayer requests tonight.  Please continue to lift up Sharon and Paul Lowry as Sharon continues in treatment of a brain tumor.  Please pray for Jodie and her family in California.  She is in the final stages of cancer, as in recent days, hospice has been called to provide services for her.  Please remember my pastor, Mike and his wife, Debbie as they and the doctors try to unravel the mysteries of illness that seems to have no end in sight.  Pray for our nation and our world.  We are all neighbors.  Pray for those who are sad, sick and suffering.  Pray for those who don't know the Lord.   Plant seeds of hope and allow God the time necessary to see to it that those seeds germinate in fertile soul.

Anonymous said...


I don't think I know how to TRULY love God, but I can be obedient, trying to serve Him with the light I am given through Bible study and prayer. He knows my heart and life better than I do, I think. I have an attitude of gratitude and do what I can where I am with what I have. I pray that others may see Christ in me and want that, too.

July 2, 2010 7:39 AM

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right, Nan. If I didn't love God, I wouldn't WANT to obey him. Maybe I'm relying on FEELINGS too much. And, you're right - the heart of worship is surrender - every day, every moment, as soon as I realize that some part of my life is not surrended to Him. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete