Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chosen

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last.  Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  This is my command: Love each other.
John 15:16-17

I haven't given up on Nan's Calendar.  I haven't had writer's block, either.  I can't tell you exactly why I haven't written lately, because I don't know the answer, only that God has been directing my energies elsewhere of late. 
Allen, John and I recently visited with Paul and Sharon Lowry as she goes through this time with a brain tumor.  They are a tremendous witness for the Lord during this most difficult time in their lives.  The Lord has continued to give them strength that goes beyond words to express.  My heart goes out to them.  Rather than go into much detail here, please keep them lifted in your prayers.  They covet your prayers and support.
As well, I have devoted much time and attention to my patients and their prayer needs, especially in the past several weeks.  There are also numerous other prayer needs that have been brought to my attention....too numerous to mention individually.  Please pray for me, also.
We are heavily into the planning and preparation process for John's upcoming Eagle Scout Court of Honor program and reception following the pinning ceremony.  It will be held on Aug. 21st at 7pm.  We are honored to be a part of this wonderful Boy Scout Troop 348.  Paul Lowry and his brothers Fred and Scott have been such positive influences for John and the other boys in the troop.  Their current scoutmaster, Dr. Hunter, is doing a great job.  I can't speak highly enough of the Boy Scouting program.  It takes a good boy and makes him a good man.
I know it must sound as though I'm rambling.  I say all these things to get to this point.  God chose me to write these messages as I have faithfully for almost three years (Aug. 1st is three years).  I hope I have served Him and you well in this capacity.  Paul and Sharon were chosen to witness for the Lord in ways they never thought possible.  They have taken this cancer and turned a negative into a positve in they way they live their lives and support each other.  Their family, friends, church family, scout troop, community are privileged to know them. 
John was chosen by God long before he became a boy scout to become an Eagle Scout.  It wasn't easy to climb the Eagle Trail, but he endured and continued the journey, in part, thanks to these fine men I mentioned earlier and their dedication to be positive role models.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention the support from Allen and his Dad (John's dad and grandpa).
God chooses each one of us for a special purpose.  We only need ask Him to reveal it to us.  The going is rough at times and may include many tears, but the outcome is beyond our imagination.  God already knows and we only need to trust Him and obey when He calls upon us.  Love overcomes fear.
Take care and thanks so much for being loyal readers.  Love, Nan

1 comment:

  1. That last paragraph, especially, resonates within my heart and life. May God bless you as you live and write.

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete