Friday, July 2, 2010

God smiles when we .........

If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

Many years ago, I didn't see an image in my mind of God smiling at me.  I can't explain it, but I understand it.  The most important relationship we will ever have is our relationship with Christ.  We are to love him with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind and with all our strength. 
When we love God more than anyone or anything else in the world, he knows it.  He also knows it when we place anyone or anything else above him.  Completely trusting God in all things brings a smile to his face.  Absolute trust is vital in this special relationship.  Loving God completely and trusting him in all circumstances are ways of worshipping him.
Obeying God's commandments with a happy heart pleases him.  Partial obedience is not enough.  We all know how the heart swells when we are praised for something we've done.  Just imagine the smile on his heavenly face when we praise him.  We find joy in our own hearts when we bring joy to the Lord.   Obedience and praise are acts of worship.
The best thing I can do for the Lord each day is to be the best me I can be.  I know I have been given talents and gifts and it is my pleasure, my duty, my honor to share them with others.  I've heard "there's no such thing as try, you either do something or you don't do it."  There are specific things God designed us to do.  He created man and woman to love each other and be each other's helper and to raise families.  We please God when we do the things he designed us to do.  Whether we are working, playing, resting, singing, you name it, God knows every detail of our lives.  Even when we're asleep, God is watching over us and smiling upon us, because he loves us that much.  He is pleased when we use the talents, gifts and abilities he has freely given us. 
God smiles as he sees our spiritual growth and development shaping us and moulding us into the children of God we are becoming.  I've heard it said "what we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God."
God directs and God provides.  Go with God.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I know how to TRULY love God, but I can be obedient, trying to serve Him with the light I am given through Bible study and prayer. He knows my heart and life better than I do, I think. I have an attitude of gratitude and do what I can where I am with what I have. I pray that others may see Christ in me and want that, too.

    ReplyDelete