Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Idle Hands

And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.  Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.  Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:14-18

I am painfully aware I have not written since Sept. 22nd.  I have and still am, working feverishly on a project for our church fundraiser to be held next month and surely, my hands have not been idle!  I would go into detail, but members of my church read, as do you, these messages, and I want them to enjoy the full benefit of God's cup of blessing upon the completion of the project. 
As I read the verses above, I am reminded that the most difficult aspect for me is the part "make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong" (to include myself).  Sometimes my own thoughts cause pain when received by someone in a spirit other than the spirit in which I intend the message to be delivered. There are times my thoughts get jumbled inside my head and what I am thinking certainly doesn't come out of my mouth correctly.  For sure, I'm still a work in progress.
I hope you didn't give up on me when you discovered my tardiness in writing.  God's purpose for Nan's Calendar has become such an important part of my life that I nearly go into withdrawal when I haven't had a healthy dose of purposeful contemplation and meditation on His Word in order to encourage all who will take the time to read these Christ inspired love notes.  We all continually need to ask God to fill us with His Holy Spirit.  When I am drained, I need to be filled.  I'm useless when my cup is empty.  God works through me in spite of my imperfections, simply because He sees some good inside of me and believes in the person I am becoming.
Take care and I extend a very special thank you to the faithful ones who continue to visit the blog regularly.  Spread the word about these messages, not for my gain or credit; rather that God be glorified.  All I have, all that I am and all that I ever hope to be is all because of the grace of God.  It's not for me to boast, but I will boast for my God and Creator who deserves all the glory and honor and praise now and forever more.  Love, Nan  P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment