Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rule for Life

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can,
in all the ways you can, in all the places you can,
at all the times you can, to all the people you can,
as long as ever you can.
------John Wesley, founder of Methodism

Make practicing random acts of kindness an integral part of your day.   There is healing power in doing good, both for the receiver of the good and for the giver of the good.  Both people walk away with a lighter spring in their step and with an uplifted spirit.  When the spirit is lifted, it is much easier to do good to/for another, and so it goes.
Have you ever heard anyone tell you at the end of a visit "have a bad day!"?  I didn't think so. However, sometimes when we tell someone "have a good day", the words simply roll off our tongue without a second thought. 
Have a GOOD day!!!   I really mean it!  Have a GOOD day! (said with a smile and a twinkle in my eye)

1 comment:

  1. The therapist told me that this morning and I could tell that he really meant it. It does make a difference. It's like last Christmas a clerk in a store told me "Have a nice holiday" and I said, "And a Very Merry Christmas to you" and she gave me the biggest smile and said, "Oh thank you!!"

    Geneva

    ReplyDelete