Wednesday, March 9, 2011

because it matters......

But, "let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."  For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 Corinthians 10:17-18

Always know I come to you with a humble heart as I share these messages of faith, hope and love.  The Holy Spirit doesn't come into my being to stay there.  He is always moving in me and through me to those who would be aware of His presence.  I am a servant of the Lord and your servant, as well.
One of the things I remember about Mama was when I was a child leaving home in the morning to get on the school bus; she would give me a smile and a hug and say "be nice and be good today."  It mattered what she thought of me.  It matters what you think of me.  Most importantly, it matters what God thinks of me.  I really took it to heart what Mama said as I still, to this day, want to be nice and be good today.
I recently read somewhere (I forget where I read it) "what is in the well comes up in the bucket."  We all have some sediment in the bottom of the well that gets stirred up at times.  The good news is that God installed a filter in each well. The great news is that Jesus provides the water for the well.  Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water  will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the (living) water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."  John 4:13-14.  We are to share this Living Water with those who thirst.  It becomes necessary, at times, to clean out the filter in our well.
Lord, thank you for this beautiful day and thank you for loving us, for showing us mercy and grace.   Thank you for installing a filter deep within us to catch the unwanted thoughts so they can be discarded.  Help us to remember this as we know thoughts can become actions.  May the Living Water we share with others leave a good taste in their mouths and may Your water inside our well quench their thirst as nothing else can.  May our thoughts and actions prove to you that we want to be nice and be good today, because it matters what You think of us.  In Your precious name I pray.  Amen
Be nice and be good today.
Love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment