Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Enthusiasm is Contagious!

The ability to meet adversity and failure, sorrow and misfortune, with a smile and never to lose enthusiasm but to keep going at a high level is one of the most exciting demonstrations of the positive principle.
Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

This past weekend Allen and I drove to Winston-Salem specifically for him to make a purchase at Harbor Freight.  Interestingly enough, the store beside Harbor Freight was a thrift store.  Naturally, I went to the left and Allen went to the right.  At the mere sight of the thrift store I became excited.  Before I left the store, I had purchased a hard copy of Dr. Peale's book entitled "The Positive Principle Today", along with another book and some pretty purple netting for 69 cents that will make a beautiful decoration for one of my red hats!
I will scour a book section for books written by Dr. Peale every time I'm given an opportunity.  I have added to my library several of Dr. Peale's books and treasure each one of them.  Dr. Peale died Christmas Eve, 1993, but in my heart, he will live forever.  He was one of the most influential men in my life.  I say all this because of his book I read entitled "The Power of Positive Thinking" I read years ago.  Through his positive principle, he helped mould me into the person I am.  My beliefs were shaped because I learned what he believed and then I believed it, too.  The principles he taught simply made common sense to me.  I have been a positive thinker ever since that time.
There is much in this recently purchased book that speaks of enthusiasm.  Sometimes, we're exposed to a positive influence and we're immediately consumed with enthusiasm, but before long we've discovered our enthusiasm vanished without a trace.  Dr. Peale tells us in this book how to keep it going!  I love it!  Without having read the book, I realized that I have truly kept the enthusiasm going with regards to Nan's Calendar as my calling from God.  It is so exciting to know that continued positive thinking resulted in "keeping it going"!
If you don't have enthusiasm for whatever it is you will be faced with, get it! And keep it going!
You'll be glad you did!
Allen was glad I asked him in a soft voice last night if he would like for me to make him breakfast this morning!  I told him he would have to wake me up in the morning, because I sleep soundly and wouldn't hear him get up.  He did, indeed, wake me up this morning and I crawled out of bed and mustered up  enthusiasm and went into the kitchen with a happy heart and made him scrambled eggs, grits, sausage and warmed the left over biscuits I made last night.  Fresh coffee lingered in the air and we happily shared a special breakfast together.  Mind you, making breakfast is not my usual routine in the morning.  I'm typing this message quickly because I have to be at work 30 minutes earlier than usual and I still have to get ready to go!  I'm enthusiastically preparing this message for you and I'll be enthusiastically getting ready for work!
Take care and keep it going today!!!  Love ya! Nan


No comments:

Post a Comment