Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hear and Now

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.  Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.  For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

God is all authority above heaven and earth.  He appointed heaven and earth as witnesses in this scripture as an illustration of His sovereign authority.  According to the explanation in my Bible, this was a way God reminded Israel that if they broke the covenant, there was a very real possibility of natural disasters, etc.  Moses believed the Israelites would be threatened with the wrath of God if they turned their hearts away from God and were disobedient to God's will.
I encourage you to to go your Bible and read this section of Deuteronomy from chapter 30, verses 11-20.  It speaks of The Offer of Life or Death.  We, all mankind, need to be quiet and listen for God's voice, though it may not be audible to our human ears, it is audible to the ears our spirit.  His voice speaks to the mind of the spirit.  Hear and now.

I wrote a poem that can actually be sung, though no music has been written for it.


My Spirit Opened for Thee


mind of my spirit - teach me today
now I beseech you - teach me to pray
ears of my spirit - oh, let me hear
footsteps of Jesus - He is near
eyes of my spirit - open for me
to see my Savior - oh, let it be
feet of my spirit - don't fail me now
take me to Jesus - take me somehow
heart of my spirit - open wide
please, Jesus enter - come inside
hands of my spirit - lift high in praise
ready to praise You - all of my days
voice of my spirit - teach me to speak
though I am humble - lowly and meek
others must know, dear - others must know
My love for others - you must show
teach them to love me - teach them today
so lost and lonely - show them the way

Copyright 02-12-08 written by Nan Forehand
To get the full effect of the message, sing the words as the Lord speaks to your heart.  As you do, you will create your own melody.  I promise you will be touched. I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment